This one doesn't seem to be awful for most people from the googling I've done. It's the 9 month and the 18 month that hit the hardest. I don't remember 9 months being particularly bad, but I am pretty good at mommy amnesia. This one however, is doing a real number on me.
They are still doing okay at night (and by okay at night, I mean getting up 2-3 times to eat, but will still go back down easily and unassisted), but naps are AWFUL. I mean for this last week or so I've been lucky if I've gotten one nap out of the twins. And that nap has only lasted half an hour. We play the lay in our cribs and talk to each other FOR AN HOUR while Mommy stares at the monitor getting more frustrated by the minute. I go in and nurse and sing, they lay back down. We try playing for another half hour and then laying back down. We stay up way longer than we should between naps. We stay up short lengths of time between naps.
Nothing works.
They have been going to bed by 5 for all of these antics, which is a nice break for me after the very long day of clingy-ness and crying that results from the lack of napping, but this can't continue. Right?
I am tired of talking about naps, thinking about naps, researching naps endlessly online for a magic solution. I know that this too shall pass, but I need it to pass now! I want my sweet and happy babies back!
No comments:
Post a Comment